Could you make a positive difference to practice and support other communications practitioners in public service. The CIPR’s Local Public Services Group is seeking new members to join its committee from the AGM this October 2019.
Mandy Pearse, Chair of the group, sets out what is involved and some of the existing committee members share their experience.
Joining CIPR LPS
What we need
We are looking to strengthen our committee so we can cover the whole of the UK, represent the range of public services, be more diverse and bring in people working in the earlier stages of their career.
How it helps you
- gain a set of colleagues to work with on the committee who have many years experience across all aspects of PR, comms and marketing and some real subject experts. All are willing to share experience and support each other
- get to meet volunteers in the other CIPR groups and build your network of contacts
- have the chance to expand your skills, experience and take on responsibilities you may not get in your day to day work
- get benefits such as CPD points and discounts in recognition for your voluntary work.
Here is what the committee will need from you.
- be able to attend our four to five face to face meetings during the year
- be able to take part in monthly 30-45 min teleconferences
- be happy to create links and work collaboratively with the other regional and sectoral committees
- write or contribute to blogs, help with social media/ e-newsletters promoting activities, organise events, research topics and play an active role in the team.
What to do next
We will elect our committee for 2020 at our AGM on 9 Oct 2019.
If you are interested contact the LPS Chair Mandy Pearse.