Thursday 26 May 2016, 10am to 3pm
The Core, Science Central, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
* Please note: this event is free for all to attend – for non-LGA members, please enter promotional code DEVO16 at the checkout.
Find out more about what devolution will mean to communicators at this event in May 2016. CIPR members can also earn 10 CPD points for attending. This is a joint Local Government Association (LGA) and LGcommunications event hosted by Newcastle City Council, and supported by the CIPR Local Public Services Group (CIPR LPS).
The sessions will explore the crucial role communications will play in involving communities in the devolution conversation. Join colleagues at the forefront of communicating this agenda and the LGA to share thoughts and explore approaches.
Devolution has the potential to reshape our towns, cities and county areas. It has never received so much coverage or press attention, but given its far-reaching implications, how do we inform and involve our residents and communities in this fast-moving agenda? As government examines how power can shift from Whitehall to local areas, what conversations are we having with those people that this new, devolved approach is there to serve? How do we communicate devolution?
Drawing on experiences from the North East and beyond, this event will explore what communication approaches the sector can take to bring residents in to the devolution debate. What do people want to know? Why does devolution matter at all? Join colleagues for an interactive session examining some of the key-issues of how we go about communicating with residents and partners about this new and challenging agenda.
- Andrew Lewis, Assistant Chief Executive, Newcastle City Council
- David Holdstock, Director of Communications, Local Government Association
- Bridget Aherne, Head of Communications, Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- Hannah Berry, Campaigns and Marketing Manager, Local Government Association
- Jonathan Walker, Head of Policy and Campaigns, North East Chamber of Commerce
- Will Mapplebeck, Strategic Communications Manager, Core Cities Network
Who should attend?
This event is aimed at communications professional whose job it is to communicate devolution, to external and internal audiences, and the challenges and opportunities this presents.
The secure you place, register here now – this event is free for all to attend – for non-LGA members, please enter promotional code DEVO16 at the checkout.
For more information, a copy of the programme and to book your place online visit the website.