(Updated post first published 13/1/2015)
This evening (Tuesday 13/1/2015), local government communicators and members will take part in a debate on the effects of digital on public services.
The debate will begin at 5.55pm with an open vote on the motion: “This house thinks that the ethos of public service will be destroyed by the Digital Agenda”.
The Speakers for tonight’s Local Digital Thought Leadership Debate will be:
- Peter Fleming, Leader of Sevenoaks District Council and Chairman, Local Government Association’s (LGA) Improvement & Innovation Board
- Rob Miller, Head of Shared ICT Service (Kingston & Sutton)
- Dave Briggs, Digital Capability Manager, Department of Health
- Joel Bellman, Partner, Deloitte
- Julian Bowrey, Deputy Director Digital and Corporate Communication, Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG)
The Opening Speeches will be followed by questions from the floor and then a summary from each speaker. Attendees will then be able to cast their closing vote, expected about 7.10pm, followed by a chance to network.
You can submit questions to the moderator in advance by emailing Helen Olsen, Managing Editor, DCLG Local Digital Campaign.
Attendees can register at the event to be held at Deloitte’s offices in London from 5.30pm. The event is open to senior government communicators and members. Registration details are available at: lddebate8.eventbrite.co.uk
A video of the debate will be available later in the week and will be linked from this site.